Take a Proactive Approach for Successful Reputation Management
Today, there are only two kinds of companies:
• Ones that fear having their company’s reputation damaged by online sources, and
• Ones that have already had their reputation damaged or destroyed by online sources.
A company’s good name is priceless. In the age of the Internet, it can be destroyed in a number of ways. For example,
• When a company or its principals are the subject of negative or embarrassing news reports. These can replace the company website and all positive news about the company on page one of search results for company information.
• When negative reviews by customers appear on Yelp, Google+, Citysearch, Insider, Angie’s List, MerchantCircle, etc. There are also many travel-related review sites. Because these reviews feed into search results on Google and Bing, they can be especially harmful to a business’s reputation.
• When irate customers use social media to vent their rage—and it is shared with everyone they know.
To successfully maintain a good reputation online, it takes not only great products and excellent customer service, but also time spent spreading good news on the Web and encouraging good reviews from loyal customers.
1st Click Consulting has the experience to help you monitor postings referring to your business across the Web and to help you stay in front of those that are most damaging to your reputation. Our goal is to help you continue to disseminate the positive, so if the negative strikes, it will be immediately diluted.